First Edition Of Music Monday

12:43 PM

     Basically a brief list of songs that plague my head that you should totally check out. One for each day of the week, so you don't feel swamped.


(Click the song title to watch/listen via YouTube, click the name to be sent to their Facebook fan page.)

Allons-y!

 

     Siblings Natalie and Elliot Bergman tear up the track in this unexpected, but totally appreciated synthy, bluesy, reggae-thirsty jam. Makes you think about that person who you want but just can't have. The video is super adorable, too. Make sure to put this one in 1080p!




     There are no excuses as to why you do not immediately fall in love with this song! Air France just has an amazing way of mixing music and sound clips that make you feel nostalgic of an amazing moment in your life, whatever that moment may be. Go to iTunes and press play on their album, SET IT AND FORGET IT. Perfect zone out music. Your lazy Sundays will never be the same.




     Another song to get lost in. Parisian Melody Prochet brings us this psycadelic wonder that makes us want to snack on edibles and drive down one of those typical, cliche California hillside highways that are always in the movies. I imagine myself sitting next to a cutie in a Woodie on our way to some epic music festival, somewhere in the past, or maybe even in the future. Hey, a girl can dream, right? I'm so off track right now, but make sure to check out this one!




     Chances are you have already heard this one before, but it's so good, I'm sure you won't mind. I love music that invokes nostalgia. You hear a song and suddenly...you close your eyes and are someplace completely different. For me, I think back to two years ago in North Carolina. Charlotte, to be exact. I'm standing outside of a discount beauty supply getting ready to spend the money I made selling nachos with a traveling circus I skipped town with... great memories.



     "You love, love, love, when you know I can't love...you." Such powerful words for a such a simple statement. This song is all about falling in love at the wrong time, something that a lot of people can relate to. I put the link to the live version, because you have to experience the musical beauty that is OMAM. I cannot wait to see them live this summer at The Governor's Ball.



     Another live video, and another pair of siblings. If you are not currently listening to the music of these ladies, I can tell you that you have wasted of good part of your life by not. Multi-talented sisters Bianca and Sierra teamed with their beat-boxer, pianist, harp and children's toy turned instrument obliterate the studio of KEXP Boston while doing a live version of this song. These beautiful lyrics could only be made in the mind of a critical thinker.

City Grrrl - CSS featuring Ssion


Check out the video and I'm sure you will agree with me when I say that Lovefoxxx is one bad bitch. Can't say too much about this song because the lyrics speak for themselves. Whether you are a small town girl with big city dreams, or you are and native babe of one of the five buroughs, this is the perfect song to work out to, make out to, get dressed to, and altogether live by. 

-coopie







You Might Also Like

0 comments