'The Great Gatsby' Themed Party at the Green Room, Fort Lauderdale

7:32 PM

   


      Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of attending a super-cool theme party at The Green Room, located  downtown, Fort Lauderdale. The theme was 1920s/Gatsby, and I was all over that shit.
Mind you, I haven't read the book (skipped school a lot), and I haven't seen either of the movies... I am just obsessed with every era except my own.  I didn't even have to go out and buy a costume, because I just have this stuff in my closet just waiting for the perfect moment to bust out. And perfect, it was. 
     Although I got there a little late, I had a blast! Thankfully, they even played music from that era, and everyone was in character, speaking the lingo of the roaring 20s! (Someone said I looked like a fire alarm...) I genuinely felt like I stepped into a time vortex. That being said, the night was a success.


Hashtag selfie: This was the top part of my outfit.
I made  my head piece  in the last minutes using a headchain
and one of  my mom's old earrings.

Look back at it...
Fave duo of the night...
My sister, Claudysha, and our friend, Anthony.
Giant projector featuring old scenes of Betty Page doing the damn thing.
(Hashtag photobomb fail)
Betty on film, and live burlesque on stage. Fuck yes.
I look like a ghost, but Anthony looks cute here.
:*

Scratch what I said earlier, I AM a ghost.
My sister ran into her good friend, Jamal, from high school!
Anthony and Meghan, (dressed as Zelda Fitzgerald.)
Dapper young gentleman, named Benjamin.
I wish you could see just how cute this girl's outfit was.
This random guy kinda jumped in my picture. Whatevs.
Dancing and stuff.
1922, or 2013? You decide!
  -Coopie




You Might Also Like

0 comments