Governors Ball Day 2

8:49 AM


     Day two of The Governors Ball started off much like day one did because, in typical Haitian fashion, I was late, yet again
- despite the fact that it was a beautiful day outside, and I actually had a ride. $8 beers at the Governors Ball forced me make the decision to pre-game with some day-drinking in Brooklyn.
     Once again, my cousin, Bianca, dropped me off at the Mx35 bus stop on Lexington and said her good-byes like a mother sad to see her child go on the first day of kindergarten. Bianca is so funny. She went up to a group of girls that were waiting in line to board the bus to the show and she was like, "Hey ladies, this is my cousin, she's not from here, can she hang with you?" The girls obliged, and I had a new set people to chill with.
     When we got to the island, I met a really cool chick, named Christin. We had so much in common, especially our taste in music. Since the both of us came to the festival alone, we decided to be alone together. Christin and I ditched the other girls and had a blast on Randall's. Just the two us.
     The first big question of the day was: ALT-J, or The Divine Fits? I was excited to see both, and I even promised two different friends back in Fort Lauderdale that I would check them out (Alex, one of my favorite guys from work really wanted me to see The Fits because a friend of his in actually in the band). 
     We ended up going to ALT-J.
     It was a good show but we were kinda just standing there for a good minute,then we both agreed to switch it up and go to The Divine Fits. The performance was fire, and a lot of fun. Plus, the the main stage was on gravel, as opposed to MUD, so we got to danceeee under the sun.
     Both of our phones were dying, so we tried to just keep them in our pockets to save to battery, but when I finally looked down at my watch, I realized that we were 10 minutes late to Azealia Banks! No bueno! We ran across the the great, big pond of mud that was Randall's Island and got our asses to the Skyy Vodka tent for some realness.
     Miss Banks put and a bomb-ass performance. Dressed in some cut-out neon number, she had the whole crowd going hype, despite the fact that we were standing in mud up to our ankles. Christin and I kept checking our clocks because we definitely did not want to miss the next performance: Kendrick Lamar.
     And boy, was it a performance. I have to admit, I wasn't the biggest Kendrick fan before I saw him live. I  thought he was your typical rapper rhyming about #pussy, #money, #weed, but, I was mistaken. He has a presence about him that makes you listen, and his lyrics makes you want to sing along. The whole crowd was hype... there were even had helicopters above filming it all!
     After Kendrick's show, we decided to leave. It was getting dark and both of our phone's batteries were on their last leg. Two lost girls in the city? Fuck that. Plus, the mud killed it for me. Ugh! Seriously, there were worms everywhere and since there was also MUD IN MY SHOES, I was just thinking of all the parasitic foot-fungus' I would have by the morning. 



Ready to play.

Ridin' around and gettin' it.

Your typical cutout tank and acid-washed high-waisted combo.

Free candy betches.

Heart shaped tats and a cancer-stick between the "Hey, you!" and the "Fuck you!"

Musical Serengeti.

And that's me.

Probably the only patch of grass on the whole damn island.

2 CUTE 4 MUD.

M u d .

M u d .

M u d .

Me, trying not to totally sink in mud.

Smart people standing on a hill.

Christin and I.

I FELL IN THE MUD. WITH MY PHONE.

Giraffing.

The Divine Fits.

Muddy dancing shoes at The Divine Fits.



In the crowd for Azealia Banks.



Kendrick Lamar crowd.

Christin and I met this guy on the way out.

"Lift girls, not weights"


Sun sets on #govballnyc - day 2.



On the bus leaving the ball. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments