Partly Because I Knew I Couldn't Stay, Mostly Because I Didn't Want To Get Hurt

4:35 AM




It seems as though severed relationships
are far better
than those that hang on
by the last exposed tendon

Bloody
Beautiful
About to snap
The pain is real either way
At least when it’s cut off
It’s cut off
Or is it?
When you feel like a ghost
in your own “home”
its easy to just be transient
in every other aspect in life
Can’t yet decide
if it’s a Blessing or a Curse
Too apathetic
to stop and count up tallies
Oh, wait.
If these walls could talk
I bet you they wouldn’t
We gave up on trying to hold on
More mirrors than pictures
More yelling than laughs
Who did we turn into?
The fabric has been torn
and sewn back together
but some pieces were purposely left out
But we’re happy, right?
So, its okay, I guess.

Are we all better off?


No doubt. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments