Messages

8:59 AM






     So, yesterday I was on a long bus ride to school, studying for a test I was about to take. I was reading over my notes and was realized that I wasn't prepared at all. Instead of actually reading the material, though, I noticed that all I could do was hear that voice in my head. You know the one.
     The one telling me I was going to fail. That I should have studied more. That I'm never going to graduate if I keep it up. That voice that needed to shut the fuck up. I decided that, hey, if I'm not prepared, I'm not prepared... and trying to cram was definitely stressing me out even more. So I put my notes away, took out a pencil, and started drawing.
     The index card above was the outcome. I took a deep breath and felt so much better. I spent the rest of the bus ride writing positive messages that I plan to post in random places on my campus.
     I feel like sometimes in our pursuits, we forget to stop and realize that we will be okay. We are an amazing species who are capable of many great things... both individually, and as a race. Whenever you get that fucking voice in your head telling you that you can't do it, telling you that you suck, or you should have stayed home- make sure you let that voice know to FUCK OFF.

YOU ARE FUCKING GREAT.

XO
COOPIE





You Might Also Like

0 comments