Nokia X Burton Contest Review

10:52 AM

     Recently, I have talked about being a finalist in a photography contest for Nokia and Burton.
As a finalist, I was to be sent a trial phone by Nokia, and I was supposed to be taking a bunch of pictures with the phone to qualify for a trip to the Burton High Fives in New Zealand. I was supposed to have the phone for four weeks before I returned it, and have these photos uploaded by the August 20th, (yesterday). So here I am on the morning of August 21st, and my sister tells me that I finally have a package at the door. Un-fucking-believable.
     Through all of this, I had been e-mailing the campaign coordinator at Talenthouse, letting them know that no one had contacted me to send the phone. Later on, when that was resolved, she sent me a reminder e-mail saying don't forget to upload the pictures to my portfolio, and I let her know that I never received a phone, to which I received no response. Communication was pretty whack.
     Even though I didn't have the device to take the low light pictures on, I still didn't let that stop me from taking some rad-ass pictures... what good photographer would??



Here are my low-lights, that WERE NOT taken with the Nokia Lumia 925. Enjoy.

 Showtunes Night at Tavern,
Wilton Manors
Chugging contest at America's Backyard,
Downtown Fort Lauderdale


He was the winner.


Ambulance outside of Lucky's Tavern,
Downtown Fort Lauderdale
 My friends up to no good, per usual.
Melrose Park, Fort Lauderdale.





 Cargo train,
Downtown Fort Lauderdale
Capone's, Downtown Fort Lauderdale


Under the bridge near The Jetties
Fort Lauderdale Beach

Cindy takes a drag from her cigarette
Story Nightclub, Miami






Thank you for the opportunity, Talenthouse, 
I just wish you had followed through.
::LE SIGH::
-Claudine.



You Might Also Like

0 comments